Carlson Tool & Mfg. Corp. a leader in Contract Machining. Openings currently exist for highly skilled and motivated individuals to join our Quality-Driven Teams!
If you are looking for a challenging work environment, opportunities for advancement and an attractive compensation and benefits package take a look at Carlson Tool now!
We currently have Second shift opportunities for experienced Honing Machinists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate machine honing tools to machine metallic and non-metallic materials according to specifications, tooling instructions and standard charts applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Ensure that your efforts are producing internal and external customer satisfaction every day to support a fast-paced, high technology manufacturing operation.
- Inspect and measure parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
- Read blue prints and/or job orders for product specifications.
- Select, position, and secure tooling in tool holder (chuck or collet).
- Complete set up and manage honing process of customer parts.
- Assist in the maintenance of speeds and feeds, and inventory databases.
- Observe operation of machine and verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using measuring instruments (fixed gauges, calipers and micrometers).
- Change abrasive and polishing materials on honing fixtures per job requirements.
- Set up and operate various secondary machines and equipment such as saws, mills and bridgeports.
- Communicate with co-workers and Project Leader and others and required to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Maintain acceptable production levels.
- Maintain area and department in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Cut stock to size.
- Possess a HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1 -3 years’ experience in a fast-paced, high technology manufacturing operation a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours a day, occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 20 lbs.
We offer a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits.
We are ISO Certified and an Equal Opportunity Employer