VMC & HMC Machinist
|Title:||VMC & HMC Machinist|
Carlson Tool & Mfg. Corp.is a leader in precision machining and plastic injection and cast metal tooling. Openings currently exist for highly skilled and motivated individuals to join our Quality-Driven Teams!
If you are looking for a challenging work environment, opportunities for advancement and an attractive compensation and benefits package take a look at Carlson Tool now!
We currently have 1st & 2nd shift opportunities for HMC/VMC Machinists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up, Program and Run CNC Horizontal Machining Center or Vertical Machining Center (VMC or HMC)
- Understand and select correct tooling.
- Produce parts within required tolerances and specifications.
- Ensure the HMC or VMC is operating at the highest level of productivity appropriate to the assigned project.
- Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions.
- Assemble cutting tools in tool holders and position in machine spindles as specified using hand tools or insert cutting tools.
- Measure work piece for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gages.
- Adjust machine speeds and feeds and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications
- Maintain statistical process control charts.
- Responsible for keeping work are clean and neat.
- Must have a minimum of 1 - 3 years experience and/or knowledge on HMC or VMC.
- Prefer Fanuc, Mazak or Mitsubishi Control experience.
- Knowledge of G & M codes beneficial.
- Knowledge of Mastercam a huge plus!
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate fluently in English.
We offer a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits.
We are ISO Certified and an Equal Opportunity Employer